Tuesday 15 September 2015

Los Angeles Facts ⭐️

Hey lovelies! Before we get into posts about moving etc. I thought that a Fact Post About Los Angeles would be good so you all know about the city and state! This all are just facts that I've found online. 



1. The Hollywood sign is actually only partial of the original sign. It used to be " HollywoodLand ". 

2. It's illegal to lick a toad and cry on the witness stand, in Los Angeles. 

3. Los Angeles and SanFrancisco become 2.5 inches closer each year because they are on opposite sides of the San Andreas Fault. 

4. Los Angeles has the most woman owned businesses in the nation. 

5. There are 65 people in Los Angeles that are legally named Jesus Christ. 

6. It has more than 80 stage threatens and 300 museums which is more than any other U.S. City.

7. It's port is one of the busiest in the U.S. And biggest in the world. 

8. The city of Los Angeles only gets 5 inches of rain per year. 

9.  Los Angeles is the safest city in The United States. 

10. Los Angeles International Airport is the sixth largest airport in the world. 

11. Los Angeles buildings are ranked number 1 in the energy efficient category. 

12. Los Angeles as a city has a population of over 10,000,000 but California has a population of 40,000,000 since 2014. 

13. Average Temperatures // 
January - 8 degrees to 18 degrees. February - 8 degrees to 18 degrees. March - 9 degrees to 19 degrees. 
April - 10 degrees to 21 degrees. 
May - 12 degrees to 22 degrees. 
June - 13 degrees to 24 degrees. 
July - 16 degrees to 27 degrees. 
August - 16 degrees to 28 degrees. 
September - 14 degrees to 27 degrees. 
October - 14 degrees to 24 degrees. 
November - 10 degrees to 23 degrees. 
December -  8 degrees to 19 degrees. 

14. Los Angeles was established on the 4th of September 1781. 

15. Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school or place of worship - I don't know about this one haha!

These are literally just facts for you all about Los Angeles! Let me know what you think of them all! 

Los Angeles Squad 

19 comments:

  1. Wow! Those are all funny stats, especially that last one! I'm actually shocked that LA is the safest city though. I thought it would be dangerous for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to put a bit of humour into it and I'm glad I did! x

      Delete
  2. My favourite is that Los Angeles has the most women owned businesses - I love that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had no idea the sign used to say Hollywoodland. That's really interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I know - it's crazy that we don't learn things like that in history! x

      Delete
  4. Such a cool list and I knew none of that .. Very intresting x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm shocked that it's the safest city! Who'da thunk?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I know! With 10 million people living there it's madness.

      Delete
  6. All very interesting.... especially #15! hahaha! I haven't been there yet, but would like to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The lick a toad and cry on the witness stand is the best one! Definitely made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Los Angeles is full of crazy people and crazy rules haha! x

      Delete
  8. Cool facts. I've been living here for nearly 15 years and didn't know most of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my god! You're so lucky - can't wait to move :) x

      Delete
  9. I lived in Los Angeles some years ago and the weather and museums always made me happy. It's a fascinating place and everyone should visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I lived in Los Angeles some years ago and the weather and museums always made me happy. It's a fascinating place and everyone should visit it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good post! I'd love to go there some day x

    http://vanilladrxps.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete